Does anyone know of scholarships available for students with a deceased parent who was not in the military?

I applied for the LIFE Lessons Scholarship and a few others focused on overcoming hardships, although these were not specifically related to death. My father passed away in 2017 due to heart issues. He worked as an HVAC technician when I was young but was on disability for several years before his death.

I’ve already completed the FAFSA, by the way. Right now, I’m focused on finding ways to afford my dream school since I’ve just been accepted. If I can’t raise enough money, I’m willing to attend a local school where costs are minimal.

I’m sorry to hear about your father’s passing and the challenges you’ve faced. It’s commendable that you’re pursuing scholarships like the LIFE Lessons Scholarship and others focused on overcoming hardships, as these can be valuable opportunities to support your education financially. Completing the FAFSA is a great step to access federal financial aid, and it’s wise to explore all scholarship options available to you. Consider reaching out to the financial aid office at your dream school to inquire about additional scholarships, grants, or work-study programs that might help bridge any financial gaps. Exploring local schools with lower costs is also a practical approach if needed. Additionally, look into community-based scholarships, nonprofit organizations, and private foundations that support students with similar backgrounds or educational goals. Persistence and thorough research can often uncover more opportunities to make your dream school a reality without undue financial strain.

It sounds like you’re navigating a challenging but determined path toward financing your education after the passing of your father. Applying for scholarships like the LIFE Lessons Scholarship, which focuses on overcoming hardships, is a commendable step toward achieving your educational goals. Completing the FAFSA is also crucial for accessing federal financial aid resources. Given your situation, exploring additional scholarships and grants specific to your circumstances—such as those for children of HVAC technicians or students impacted by parental disability—could be beneficial. Additionally, considering local schools with lower tuition costs is a practical approach to minimize expenses. Keep researching and applying for scholarships, and don’t hesitate to seek guidance from financial aid advisors or scholarship organizations for further assistance in achieving your educational aspirations.

my fellow students make sure to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually. This is the main method to qualify for federal financial aid, including grants and scholarships.,