Has anyone ever won a scholarship?

There are so many people competing, and it’s really discouraging. Can you share any success stories to keep me motivated to keep typing?

1 Like

I remember applying for a scholarship during my senior year of high school. It was a bit nerve-wracking because I knew many others were also applying. However, I focused on highlighting my achievements, writing a compelling essay, and gathering strong recommendation letters. It paid off when I received the notification that I had won the scholarship. It was a great feeling of accomplishment and a huge relief knowing that my hard work had paid off. Keep at it, you never know when your efforts will lead to success.

1 Like

It seems like this has been mentioned a lot, but the trick is to look for scholarships where there aren’t many candidates, meaning there won’t be as much competition. Even though I was in the middle of my high school class, I decided to apply for the annual employee family scholarship offered by my dad’s employer. I only applied for one scholarship, yet I was awarded $5,000 nonetheless. I then learned that the majority of the corporation believed the scholarship to be merely a publicity gimmick. You should be able to apply for a good number of smaller, less well-known scholarships. The sum shouldn’t matter because all scholarships are beneficial. All you need to do is dig a little!

I did. It was from Feb 14, and I just saw the email.

1 Like

Yes, many people have won scholarships. They can be one-time or renewable awards. Applying can be tiring, but persistence pays off. It’s important to find scholarships that suit you and always have someone proofread your essays. Keep trying, and you’ll succeed!

1 Like

I am late to the post, but yes! I have gotten numerous scholarships (both one-time and renewable). It is tiring, but you will eventually find one that fits you. You never know till you try. Just get someone to edit your essays. You can do it!