How do you get a full ride scholarship?

Hi…,I’m really interested in learning how to secure a full ride scholarship. I’ve been researching online, but I’d love to hear personal experiences and tips from anyone who has successfully obtained one. What are the key steps, strategies, or resources you used to achieve this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hello, To get a full ride scholarship, excel academically, participate in extracurricular activities, demonstrate leadership, write compelling essays, and apply for scholarships that match your qualifications and interests.

Being broke/poor, btw if you are low income and have decent stats, PLEASE apply to t50 private schools, you will receive way more aid than from state schools.

I didn’t get one, but usually, they are based on financial need. If not, they often go to National Merit Scholars attending mid-ranked colleges that add to the National Merit Scholarship. Sometimes, you might just be offered one directly.

These are the scholarships that I applied to because I was in a similar circumstance.

Full tuition for out-of-state students, full ride for in-state students, and full ride for Stony Brook (Simons Stem scholars) are offered by Ohio State (eminence fellows) and Penn State (millenium scholars).

My family makes over $300,000 a year, but I acquired these scholarships since I am a URM. It would be best if you studied in STEM and completed research internships every summer to be eligible for the Penn State and Sunny Brook scholarships.

Most full-ride scholarships are awarded based on merit, so you’ll need to demonstrate excellence in a particular area to be successful.

I was awarded a full scholarship to attend the University of Rochester. My junior year, I received a scholarship in the mail based on my SAT results and other factors. I received a call from the school’s dean, who expressed their happiness for me to come.

then I was refused when I applied. lol, not sure why they would do that considering how excellent my senior grades were. Why would you offer someone everything and then turn them down when they apply?

One of the most popular approaches is to become a national merit finalist, and many colleges, including Alabama, will grant you a full ride. Many private institutions offer full scholarships, but they are far more difficult to obtain. The Stamps Scholarship comes to mind, and it is available at a variety of colleges. Basically, you have to be really qualified to receive one, and national merit can help.

I was awarded a full scholarship to attend the University of Rochester. My junior year, I received a scholarship in the mail based on my SAT results and other factors. I received a call from the school’s dean, who expressed their happiness for me to come.
then I was refused when I applied. lol, not sure why they would do that considering how excellent my senior grades were. Why would you offer someone everything and then turn them down when they apply?