Which colleges offer scholarships for E-Sports?

Right now, I’m in a Community College, and my tuition is fully paid because I play for the E-Sports team. But soon, I’ll have to go to a university. I’m checking out local universities, but I’m also interested in finding one where I can get a scholarship for E-Sports. E-Sports is where I’m really good at, and it’s the only thing I’ve gotten a big scholarship for. My GPA in college is okay (3.4), but it’s not high enough for many scholarships. I’m also good at playing the piano, but I’m studying Computer Science, so scholarships for that won’t help much. If anyone knows of universities or ways to get scholarships for E-Sports, I’d appreciate any advice. It doesn’t have to cover everything, I just don’t want to end up with a lot of debt.

There are many options. Dig this Top Esports Scholarships for Gamers in April 2024 - Scholarships360

@Amanda
Do you play League of Legends, Overwatch, and Super Smash Bros? Because most of the universities I have checked offering scholarships for E-Sports students require that you play any of the above games.

The universities include:

• University of California at Irvine (UCI)
  • Hawaii Pacific University
  • University of Texas at Dallas
  • University of Utah
  • Arcadia University

You can check any of the official pages for the above universities to learn more about the scholarships they offer.

Good lunch in your endeavor

Sounds like you’re a gaming rockstar with a scholarship to prove it! University esports scholarships can be competitive, but hey, you’ve got the skills.

Check out the NACE website and reach out to esports coaches - they might have the scoop on scholarships.

Hey that’s awesome! I don’t play those specific games myself, but League of Legends, Overwatch, and Super Smash Bros are all popular esports titles.

Thanks for listing the universities - UCI, Hawaii Pacific, UT Dallas, Utah, and Arcadia. I’ll definitely check out their esports scholarship details. Good luck with your applications

I know of certain universities which offer scholarships for E-sports.Let me list them here then you can go check them out

1. University of Texas at Dallas
  2. University of Utah
  3. University of Califonia at Irvine