Why hasn't my scholarship payment been deposited into my account yet?

So, earlier this year, I applied for a scholarship and actually won it! It was supposed to cover my tuition, but not my books, so I went ahead and applied for some scholarships specifically offered by my school. The thing is, the check for the original scholarship was supposed to come this month, but my school still hasn’t received it.

Then, just a few days ago, I found out I won another scholarship from my school, which not only covers my tuition but also my books, and it’s even more than the original one! Now I’m wondering, should I still follow up on that first scholarship? I don’t want to seem greedy, but I’ve got two more years of school ahead, and it would be great to have that extra money saved up for future tuition. As far as I know, neither scholarship has any restrictions on covering only tuition or being non-refundable.

1 Like

There might be several reasons for the issue: you may not have submitted all the necessary information outlined in your offer letter to the Scholarships office, your banking details could be incorrect leading to a payment rejection by the bank, you might not have accepted your scholarship offer, or you may not have responded to your re-eligibility email.

1 Like

Take some time to review the terms and conditions of both scholarships carefully.

Given the situation, it might be wise to follow up on the first scholarship just to ensure everything’s in order. It’s not about greediness, but about securing your finances for the future. Better safe than sorry, right?