How to respond to "Why you should be selected/ Why you deserve this scholarship" prompts

I honestly dont know how to answer this. I dont want to brag about myself on the response because I dont wanna come off as entitled or anything. I have a lot of stories about overcoming hardship, but I dont know how connects to me deserving a scholarship.

Also, while I have great grades, I was really focused on studying and my passion instead of school activities and volunteering, so I dont have much to showcase about me being the ideal person to carry this scholarship.

And my hobby is not really traditional, although it directly connects to my major(accounting major, my passion is making music)

Any help?

Respond to “Why you should be selected” by highlighting your unique qualities, how the scholarship aligns with your goals, and its impact on your future. Be specific, show commitment, and express gratitude for the opportunity. Proofread for a polished finish.

It’s great that you’re aware of how you want to present yourself in your scholarship application. Here are some suggestions for how you can approach your response:

1. Focus on Personal Growth: Instead of framing your hardships as a means to showcase why you deserve the scholarship, you can discuss how you’ve grown from these experiences. Highlight how overcoming challenges has shaped your character, resilience, and determination.

2. Highlight Academic Achievements: Since you have great grades, emphasize your dedication to your studies and how your academic performance reflects your commitment to excellence in your field.

3. Connect Your Passion for Music to Accounting: While making music may not seem directly related to accounting, you can discuss how your creative outlet has honed skills that are beneficial in accounting, such as creativity, attention to detail, and problem-solving.

4. Discuss Future Goals: Explain how receiving the scholarship will help you achieve your academic and career goals in accounting. Share your aspirations and how this scholarship will support you in reaching them.

5 Express Gratitude and Humility: It’s okay to acknowledge your achievements and strengths without sounding entitled. Express gratitude for the opportunity to apply for the scholarship and humility in recognizing the support it would provide.

By framing your response in this way, you can effectively showcase your strengths and qualifications without coming across as boastful.