Is National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS) a scam

I was recently extended an offer to become a member of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), but upon conducting some study online, I discovered differing views. Some call it a fraud, but others describe it as a renowned organization with worthwhile perks. Does anyone have any personal experience or knowledge about NSCS to share? I would be very grateful for any guidance or information you could supply me as I’m unsure whether to join or stay away from such frauds.

3 Likes

It’s understandable to feel uncertain when faced with conflicting information about an organization like the National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS).

2 Likes

Consider contacting your university’s faculty or staff advisors for student organizations. They may have knowledge or opinions about NSCS based on interactions with members or information from reputable sources.

1 Like

Look into their website, publications, and any official documentation to understand their goals and how they support their members.

I wouldn’t call it a scam, it is rather useless. A few years back, I applied to their branch for high school scholars which at the time I thought it was just NHS.
I spent $95 just to get one more useless line to add to my resume, nothing more.

Deciding on honor society invites is like choosing your adventure! Chat with members to get the inside story before making a choice. It could be a fantastic opportunity or not. Good luck! :mortar_board::herb:

Evaluate the credibility of NSCS carefully before becoming a member.
Explore reviews, expenses, and reputation. Seek guidance from academic counselors.