Is New York Ramblers Scholarship worth it?

Is anyone familiar with the New York Ramblers Scholarship? I’m curious about the eligibility criteria and application process. If anyone has insights or tips for applying, I would appreciate hearing about your experience.

The Ramblers Scholarship, established in 2016, rewards undergraduate student-athletes who publicly identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, or intersex (LGBTQI), as well as demonstrated and committed straight allies.

The New York Ramblers Scholarship aims to support student athletes who identify as LGBTQ+ or are strong allies.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Sexual Orientation or Identity: Applicants must self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, or be a committed ally.
  • Student Athlete Status: Participation in any sport at the high school or college level is required.
  • Enrollment: Applicants must be graduating high school seniors planning to attend a U.S. college or university, or currently enrolled undergraduate students.

Application Process:

1. Application Form: Complete with personal and academic details.
  2. Essays: Write five short essays detailing your involvement in athletics, academic achievements, and dedication to the LGBTQ+ community.
  3. Letters of Recommendation: Provide two letters from teachers, coaches, or counselors.
  4. Transcripts: Submit academic records demonstrating your academic performance.

Tips for Application:

• Highlight Athletic Achievements: Focus on your contributions to your sports team and any awards or recognitions.
  • Showcase Commitment to LGBTQ+ Community: Demonstrate involvement in LGBTQ+ activities or organizations.
  • Craft Compelling Essays: Use the essays to convey your personality and aspirations authentically.
  • Seek Feedback: Get feedback from teachers, counselors, or mentors to polish your application.

Note: The New York Ramblers Scholarship is competitive, so ensure your application is strong and well-rounded.

Are you an athlete interested in applying, or are you just curious about the scholarship?

As someone always on the lookout for scholarship opportunities, I recently came across the New York Ramblers Scholarship. This scholarship supports LGBTQ+ student-athletes who demonstrate leadership and community involvement. To be eligible, you typically need to be an LGBTQ+ high school senior or college student with a strong athletic background. The application process usually involves submitting an essay, letters of recommendation, and proof of academic and athletic achievements. If you’re interested in applying, I recommend highlighting your contributions to both your sport and the LGBTQ+ community, and ensuring all required documents are thorough and submitted on time.