Is Niche.com a trustworthy website for scholarships?

Hey guys, quick question: Have any of you ever used Niche.com for scholarships? I’m curious if it’s a reliable website for finding scholarships.

Any insights or experiences you can share?

2 Likes

Yeah, Niche.com is definitely a legit spot to hunt for scholarships.

Although, I gotta say, some of their scholarships, especially the “no essay” ones, feel more like lucky draws than genuine scholarship opportunities in my book.

1 Like

So Flippa, can you explain why they aren’t legitimate if they are random drawings?

1 Like

It basically comes down to how you define a scholarship. Normally, scholarships are given based on achievements or experiences. But with these random drawings, anyone can enter and potentially win, regardless of their qualifications or accomplishments. It’s kind of like those contests you see on cereal boxes.

Plus, a lot of companies do these types of scholarships to gather data. They’re not really concerned about who wins the small $1,000 prize; they’re more interested in collecting information from thousands of people in a specific demographic, which is worth a lot more to them.

1 Like

So Flippa, do you actually know if they are stealing or selling our data?

Niche.com is a good option for scholarships. They have a mix of random drawings and merit-based awards. It’s worth checking out but explore other resources too.

Niche.com is a reputable site known for providing detailed information on schools and scholarships.

Many users find it useful for discovering a variety of scholarship opportunities.

As with any platform, it’s wise to research each scholarship for authenticity and ensure it aligns with your needs before applying.