Is NSCS (The National Society of Collegiate Scholars) Legit?

After graduating with a B.A. in English, feeling directionless in New York, I pursued a certification as a Radiology Technician at a City University. Financial constraints made it challenging, but I excelled in classes. I received a letter from The National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS), offering an Induction Recognition Award of up to $50,000. Desperate for funds, I paid the $95 membership fee. However, I discovered the award was split among 50 applicants, with no guarantee. NSCS offered minimal benefits, and upon investigation, I realized it was a scam. My $95 investment was lost, a lesson in desperation and false promises. Beware of such “non-profits” preying on students in need. Even their employees report dissatisfaction.

Wow, I’m really sorry to hear about your experience with NSCS. It’s really disappointing when organizations take advantage of students who are just looking for some support. The promise of a substantial award like $50,000 must have seemed like a lifeline, especially in your situation. It’s a shame that NSCS didn’t live up to their promises and instead ended up being a scam.

Your story serves as an important reminder to always be cautious and do thorough research before investing money, especially when it comes to organizations offering scholarships or awards. It’s unfortunate that you lost your $95 investment, but hopefully, your experience will help others avoid falling into similar traps.